Man Set on Fire During Heart Surgery Sues Doctor: Vernon B.C.

by John McKiggan

Robbin Reeves underwent a liver transplant surgery at the Vancouver General Hospital in February 2006. He woke up with severe burns to his neck and shoulder.

Reeves has filed a medical malpractice claim in which he claims that during the surgery his heart stopped and doctors performed an open cardiac massage. Reeves’s lawsuit claims doctors tore one of the chambers of his heart and, in the rush to prepare for the emergency surgery, alcohol on his neck and shoulder caught fire, leaving him with serious burns.

You can read more details here.

Comments are closed.